27 May 2010

BabyBarista Moves to New Chambers

BabyBarista.jpg

Last Fall, I wrote a book review praising Tim Kevan's novelization of his BabyBarista blog, BabyBarista and the Art of War. That novel has enjoyed widespread praise and considerable success and has paved the way for a second novel continuing BabyB's (mis)adventures. Through it all, Kevan has kept-up the BabyBarista blog at The Times website; because the landlord there has put a lock on the door, BabyB has now moved to a home of his own at http://www.babybarista.com (the new RSS feed is http://www.babybarista.com/?feed=rss). Kevan explains:
I have today withdrawn the BabyBarista Blog from The Times in reaction to their plans to hide it away behind a paywall along with their other content. Now don’t get me wrong. I have absolutely no problem with the decision to start charging. They can do what they like. But I didn’t start this blog for it to be the exclusive preserve of a limited few subscribers. I wrote it to entertain whosoever wishes to read it. Hence my decision to resign which I made with regret. I remain extremely grateful to The Times for hosting the blog for the last three years and wish them luck with their experiment. I hope very much you like the new site and also the addition of the wonderful cartoons by Hollywood animator Alex Williams who also draws the Queen’s Counsel cartoons for The Times.
I'll certainly follow BabyB wherever he goes as I eagerly await Kevan's second novel; the new digs are pretty spiffy with Williams' illustrations, one of which accompanies this post. Happy housewarming, BabyB!

1 comment:

Tim Kevan said...

Thank you Colin, very much appreciated indeed. Very best wishes Tim