16 December 2005

TGIS: Thank God It's Schadenfreude! (44)

This week's joy in the misfortune of others comes courtesy of The Register (from Wednesday, December 14; link good at time of posting):
A love-struck Frenchman wooed the online girl of his dreams for six months - only to discover at their first meeting that he had in fact been chatting up his own mother, Yahoo! reports.

This nightmare scenario (for Daniel Anceneaux that is - as far as we're concerned Xmas has come early) began when the Marseilles X-Ray technician came across a fellow internet lurv-seeker called Sweet Juliette.

A shaken Anceneaux takes up the story: "Mum called herself Sweet Juliette and I called myself The Prince of Pleasure, and unfortunately, neither one of us had any idea who the other was. The conversations even got a little racy a couple of times.

. . . .

Anceneaux continued: "I walked out on that dark beach thinking I was going to hook up with the girl of my dreams. And there she was, wearing white shorts and a pink tank top, just like she'd said she would.

"But when I got close, she turned around - and we both got the shock of our lives. I mean, I didn't know what to say. All I could think was, 'Oh my God! it's Mama!'."

It gets better. A policeman then turned up and "cited them for visiting a restricted beach after dark". Mum Nicole confessed: "Danny and I were so flustered, we blurted out the whole story to the cop."

Nicole said: "The policeman wrote a report, a local TV station got hold of it - and the next thing we knew, our picture and our story was all over the 6 o'clock news. People started pointing and laughing at us on the street - and they haven't stopped laughing since."

[Previous TGIS]

No comments: