19 April 2007

Musical Interlude

I'm not a big fan of blog widgets generally, and especially not on this blog particularly, but the online music service Finetune has me intrigued. Thanks to Lileks, I wandered over and built a playlist of fifty old and current favorite songs. That playlist is now available over in the sidebar as a soundtrack of sorts for Infamy or Praise.

It doesn't contain all of my favorites -- The Smiths, Nirvana, Cowboy Junkies, and The Crystal Method are notable absences, amongst many others -- but it does give a good sense of what I like. It's heavy on Euros (or others known primarily in Europe) of various styles and eras. You know how you know I'm gay? I like Coldplay. Domestically, there's a solid nod to the two best Seattle bands of all time, Soundgarden and Screaming Trees; the Bay Area is represented as well by Chris Isaak and Green Day. Of course, the tracks could change at any time, so by the time you listen, it might be all Perry Como tunes or something. Enjoy!

No comments: