10 May 2010

Next week's Blawg Review may be an Elvis Costello cover of this week's Blawg Review.

She may be the reason I survive
The why and where for I'm alive
The one I'll care for through the rough and rainy years
Me I'll take her laughter and her tears
And make them all my souvenirs
For where she goes I got to be
The meaning of my life is she
The Charles Aznavour song "She" was popular in Britain in the mid-1970s; it's a beautiful tribute to the women in our lives and all the meaning which they add. It was also pretty much ignored over here until Elvis Costello covered it and it was used in the Hugh Grant-Julia Roberts movie "Notting Hill". I hope that Victoria Pynchon's Mothers' Day Blawg Review #263, hosted at her She Negotiates blog, gets the attention and acclaim it rightly deserves this week; on the off chance that it doesn't, let's have Elvis Costello on standby for next week, because this week's Blawg Review shouldn't be missed. Highlights include negotiating for peace, continuing to work for equality generally and in gender specifically, and rounding-up great motherly advice.

Assuming that Mr. Costello's services will not be required, Rossa McMahon will host next week's Blawg Review at the A Clatter of the Law blog.

No comments: