17 September 2010

TGIS: Thank God It's Schadenfreude! (287)

This week's joy in the misfortune of others comes courtesy of the Telegraph (from Wednesday, September 15; link good at time of posting):
Seventeen-year old Luke Angel expressed his views on America's president after watching a television programme about September 11 attacks on New York.

....

Officers visited Mr Angel at his home in Silsoe, Bedfordshire, where he admitted to sending the email, but claimed that he could not recall his exact words.

A spokeswoman said no action was taken after officers concluded that he was "being silly".

....

"I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk," Mr Angel told The Sun. "But I think I called Barack Obama a pr---. It was silly – the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few."

"The police came ‘round took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever," the 17-year-old said.

"I don't really care," he added, but "my parents aren't very happy about it."
[Previous TGIS]

No comments: