14 November 2005

Professor Bainbridge's Life is More Fabulous Than Mine

Ah, there but for the grace of good taste go I.

Professor Bainbridge and his dogs were on their own this past weekend when his wife went out of town for a few days and it seems that his dogs ate better than I did the last time my wife was gone for a few days. Let's compare:

Night One
Bainbridge: lamb rib chops, risotto with porcini mushrooms and white truffle paste, and a small baby arugula salad

Bainbridge's dogs: leftovers from lamb rib chops, risotto with porcini mushrooms and white truffle paste, and a small baby arugula salad

Samuels: large pepperoni pizza

Samuels' dog: scoop of dry dog food

Night Two
Bainbridge: 12 oz. seasoned filet mignon split and filled with blue cheese, topped with sauce combining Le Saucier vin rouge sauce, Vatel veal demi-glace, and tawny port

Bainbridge's dogs: leftovers from 12 oz. seasoned filet mignon split and filled with blue cheese, topped with sauce combining Le Saucier vin rouge sauce, Vatel veal demi-glace, and tawny port

Samuels: four microwaved spicy beef and bean burritos, topped with enchilada sauce

Samuels' dog: scoop of dry dog food

Night Three
Bainbridge: veal marsala and risotto with morel mushrooms

Bainbridge's dogs: leftovers from veal marsala and risotto with morel mushrooms

Samuels: Samuels' dog

Samuels' dog: N/A

I'm not complaining, mind you; I don't envy the professor his opulent lifestyle, but I do miss my dog sometimes.

1 comment:

Ken said...

I can't quite match the opulence and ingredients of the good Professor's dogs but I can recommend a vet formulated dog food with human quality ingredients!

Ken