20 September 2006

Chutzpah

A man has been convicted for stealing computers from the courthouse where he was then being tried for stealing computers:
''It just amazed me that someone could be in the middle of a jury trial for a burglary involving computers and immediately get involved in another burglary at the Civic Center,'' said sheriff's Sgt. Jerry Niess.

Jon Houston Eipp, 39, of Novato pleaded guilty Monday in three separate cases involving 10 different charges, including burglary, theft, drug possession, attempted auto theft and more.

He could be facing nearly five years in prison when he is sentenced next month.

In an interview Monday night at the county jail, Eipp said he stole the computers ''for personal reasons.''

''I needed help, and I didn't know how to ask for help,'' he said. ''And I guess, in my crazy way, that was my way of asking for help. Help with my drug problems, help with my sanity.''

Via The Legal Reader.

No comments: