28 November 2006

I think the response you're looking for is "no".

From Reuters:
The man who tried to kill Pope John Paul II in 1981 wants a day's leave from jail to discuss theology with Pope Benedict when he visits Turkey this week, his lawyer said on Monday.

"I (Mehmet Ali Agca) asked the Turkish government to release me for one day so that I can discuss theological issues with (Pope) Ratzinger," Agca said in comments passed on by his lawyer Mustafa Demirbag at a news conference.

"I want to discuss with him religious and mystic issues," Demirbag quoted Agca as saying.

Over the weekend, a profile of Pope Benedict XVI in the Wall Street Journal (subscription required) mentioned the holy father's punctual nature and tightly-managed schedule. I'm going to hazard a guess that he won't be penciling in Mr. Agca.

No comments: