09 January 2007

iWant

I'd like to say that I'll choose to hold out for the newly-announced Apple iPhone until it supports true 3G bandwidth rather than slower EDGE technology.

I'd like to say that, but the truth is that I'll probably wait for the iPhone until my wife can think of a single reason why I need a device which is essentially four gadgets in one -- a phone, a camera, a widescreen video iPod, and a mobile internet client -- is less than a dozen millimeters thick, has a proximity sensor which changes device modes automatically depending on how the user holds it, and runs OS X.

I want a MacBook Pro for my briefcase, an Apple TV for my living room, and an iPhone for my pocket; what's more, when I buy my next car, I hope that there's an Apple iSedan on the lot.

UPDATE: Wired tries to talk me down from the ledge by pointing out four more problems with the iPhone (in addition to the lack of 3G support I mentioned above).

No comments: